Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May is so pretty!


Here we are almost mid May and it is getting prettier by the moment. Our lilacs are popping all over. I'm blessed with several bushes we have purchased over the years. Got several many years ago for our anniversary - one is in front of the house. I can't remember its variety but we had one like it at home when I was young. It so reminds me of then -and the wonderful sweet smell of them that would pour into our bedroom. It was a big plant - taller then the one story home- tucked into a half corner where the stone front of the home gave way to siding and continued back to the corner - and on across to my sisters room that we shared. The bathroom window was blocked by it's big leaves and I think that was why it had been positioned their. Mom always called it a French lilac - but I'm not so sure. Or " shoe-wah" as she would say with that New England accent she held tightly to. The one in front of our house blooms later then the others around in the yard. Its nice because when almost all of the blooms have left we get one more crack at it.

Miss you Mom - Mother's day was tough without you - but we will see you again in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment