Saturday, March 12, 2011

A quiet Saturday here

We've had a fairly quiet Saturday here. Husband went to help serve at a men's breakfast at our church. I managed to clean some things up talk with our daughter and see a couple of grand children when she stopped over to deliver our Girl Scout cookies! This grand daughter sold 177 boxes of cookies - she's competing with the Keebler elves!!!
Quiet now - as I am fondly remembering my own mom. Sisters and I went through moms things last week and I passed five rings from my mom to my grad daughters. Two are too small to understand but the olders 3 will be glad to have great grandma's rings. Mom belonged to some jewelry club and got 'pretty rings' every month. She didn't start to buy jewelry until she was over 80 that I can recall - but she sure had fun gathering quite a bit after that! As we sisters went through her things - it was bitter sweet - which by the way is a plant that mom loved. When you see the word bittersweet as one word it refers to the bright orange and red dried seed pods people often use in fall decorations. I don't remember why she liked it - but I remember she did.
Here's to Sunday coming up soon - and a thank you to God Almighty for allowing us to worship freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment